Monday, September 22, 2008

The Girls Room

Okay, so this has been a long process, and it's actually been done for a while, I just haven't taken pictures. But Rachey kept letting me know that I still hadn't posted about her room remodel...so here it goes. Lots of pictures...they tell the story pretty well.
This picture shows the old wallpaper...and that is little Brooklynn when she was two!


Here the wallpaper is down, and now we're cleaning off the glue.




I had to document the colorful and hideous shades. Yuck.
Andy loves remodeling. Really. Okay, fine, he doesn't.

Just another shot of the mess and ugly walls!

So, we painted the girls room a very pale pink with white trim. I just wanted the pink to be soft and calming...not overwhelming and I liked how it turned out.

Here is the girls' little "dress-up" corner. They love their mirror and I often find them sitting in the little rocking chair doing each other's hair or something. So cute.

Just another angle of the girls' bed.

Here are the new window treatments. They were so easy to make, and lots of fun! I bought some regular white tiebacks from the store, and then bought some wooden flowers, painted them, and then glued them to the tiebacks. The top valance is pink gingham, and then I made some sheers just to soften the whole look of the window.

Eventually I'll get this dresser sanded and painted!

I had Rachey help me choose some fun spring flowers to put in this little flowerbox. We had to add some butterflies because they were so cute.

I still need to repaint this little shelf, it's still in the old baby room decor colors...but that will have to wait a few days! Both the girls love their pinboards and keep them very full of their latest creations. And Rachey and Brooklynn had to have some flower fairies up on their walls. So, I just scattered a few of these little fairies on the walls.

So the girls room is quite a bit different from the boys blue room with airplanes. It's fun to make a room fit the personality of the person/people who occupy it!

9 comments:

MetroParks said...

Soooo cute. I am still in the process of doing Emily's. I like the pink on the walls. Do you remember what it was called. It looks very similar to what I am doing Emily's. Her pink is "Old Rose." It makes me excited to get her's done.

Anonymous said...

so sherry, cute room! My question for you is not decorating related however. Your girls seem to get along pretty well. Just wondering what your secret is. Do you just encourage them to do so? What do you do when your kids fight. Any tips would be appreciated. Needless to say, three kids has sort of turned our house upside down, me included!

Jonathan and Janil said...

It turned out really cute. I really like the windows and the idea with the flower.

Mohna said...

Great job! I bet the girls just love it!

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

That turned out really cute. Great job on the curtains. You are so talented! I love the color and the fairy theme. Great taste!

Lexie said...

What a cute room. You are so talented. I love that the girls have a dress-up area with a big mirror - every girls dream! By the way, CONGRATS on girl #3 - I am so excited for you & for the lucky little gal that gets to join your amazing family. How are you feeling? Also by the way, what animal was that in your garage? That thing would have freaked me out - ahh creepy! I'm glad Andy was home to help him relocate.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

WHAT THE HECK! You are having a baby? When did I miss the mail? Three girls and two boys is TOTALLY the way to go. Every Mrs. Idaho is doing that these days. I love your girls room. I have those same flower hooks in my girls room. I hung pictures of them with ribbon from the hook. We Mrs. Idaho girls - great minds DO think alike!

Justin *Anna *Daisy *Lily *Violet said...

hey Sherry. you left that comment on my blog and I was a little confused. So I asked justin if he had left a comment, he said no so I came to your blog to see if I had and forgot, but it seems you have another friend Anna. Funny. Thanks for the tips any way.

Sherrie said...

Anna, that is too funny. :) Yes indeed, I do have more than one Anna friend! Too funny!