There's something about seeing Taylor in a cub scout uniform that all of a sudden makes him seem more grown up, and makes me feel like maybe I am getting older! Not fair! Taylor has been so excited to start scouts, and couldn't wait to get his uniform. He's been in cub scouts now since June, but we just barely bought him his uniform...so he was just beaming. Plus, he has earned his Bobcat award...so it looks like I already have some sewing to do.

This pack meeting they did some water rockets...which is why Taylor looks like he just got done having a water fight. All the boys had a great time, and when I say ALL the boys, I mean ALL of them, young
and old. Andy was having a good time, let's just say that much.

Wow. I am a mom who has now had a scout pin pinned onto her sweater. Seriously! This makes me feel aged! He did a real good job, and didn't stick me. On Sunday, he wondered why I wasn't wearing it on my shirt...he is very proud of it! So, I think I'm going to have to share it with Andy and let him wear it on Sunday as a tie tack, and then it can sit in my jewelry box for the rest of the week.

Taylor is now hard at work on his Wolf award. It is fun to see him doing good activities, and learning how to make and set goals, and then achieve them. I think the part he likes best is that his dad is the scout leader, and that they get to spend some great time together each week.
6 comments:
That's great. I can't wait until Austin is in scouts. Way to go Taylor
Congrats on the butterfly ticker!! Nice way to spread baby news!
Yeah for Taylor! I just love Scouts! I'm Caleb's Bears Leader and it is so much fun. I recently went to a cubscout leaders training for 4 days and had a ball! By the way what exactly is the ticker for?
Wow! A Tie Breaker. We are excited for you and Andy.
Horray for Taylor. To be pinned by your own little scout it the best thing. They grow and change so much. Enjoy all that it brings into your life and his. Aunt Emily in Hamer
I heard from someone else about your little butterfly time... Congrats! You are a great mom and a wonderful example to me!
Boy scouts already? Wow! We will be doing lots of boys scouts in our house, too...
Post a Comment