Monday, December 29, 2014

I Will Miss This

Meet Addyson Adelle Thuernagle, mess-maker extraordinaire!  She has quick fingers, a vivid imagination, unmatched climbing skills and out-of-this-world deductive reasoning powers.  Unlike some of our other children, however, she is NOT silent in her activites, so I cannot call her the "Silent Tornado."  No, no, no...part of her mess-making fun is the sounds.  I can hear her happily humming away as she gets into things that were put "out of her reach."
One of my favorite things that she does right now, is that when I call her name I can hear her breathe out really long and then say in her cute little 2 year old voice, "Yaaaaah....Mom?"
Or sometimes she'll spill something and say, "Oh, Addy."
And still at other times she says, "Oh no....I made a mess."
 
She definitely keeps me on my toes, and she does tend to get into scrapes and make messes at the most inopportune times...however.  See those little footprints in the freshly spilled baby powder?  Those little footprints are getting too big too fast...and it won't be long before I don't see them imprinted in spilled items any longer.  I won't hear the cute pitter patter of her chubby little toddler legs carrying her as fast as they can away from the scene of the crime.

There will come a day when she no longer shows me with a giggle and a smile how her "toeseys" are all covered in white and how her little feet leave tracks on my bedroom floor. 
I love my adventurous little Addy, and even though I say, "Oh, Addy" pretty often right now...I wouldn't change anything about her or this stage that she's in for the world, because as I look at these pictures and see the joy that is on her face...and then laugh at her funny, inquisitive nature...I know that in the not too distant future...that I will miss this.


No comments: