Sunday, December 28, 2014

One Little Bit at a Time

It is amazing seeing a house come together, and we have had a lot of fun going up to check on our house in all of its different stages.  I'm truly amazed at how ideas in my head can be put down onto paper, and then put into an architects drawing...and from those drawings be built in real life. 
 
Here are a few pictures from the early framing stages taken in October.  The girls are looking out of one of the upstairs bedroom windows.  Lainah has already spoken for this room because of the "rainbow window" as she calls it.  She fell in love with the arched window and raised ceiling of this room...we now call it "the princess room," and it will be the future room of Lainah and Brooklynn.

I loved all of the angles and the sunlight coming through.  This is looking up to the second level from the entryway.  This will all be an open bonus room to below.  We really wanted our home to be open so that no matter where you were on the upper two levels, you'd feel connected and together. 

Here is a view from inside our master bedroom towards the entryway and stairs leading to the second level. 

This will be the fireplace wall in our family room which is right off of the kitchen.  This will be our "gathering place" of the house.  Love it.

And here are the windows off the family room looking out onto our deck and the amazing views of the Owyhees to the west.  We will be spending many summer nights out this direction.  I wanted lots of natural light in my home...so we have a lot of large windows.  I don't do well in dimlit places...light, light, light.

Here is Brooklynn looking down from the upstairs bonus room.  I am eagerly looking forward to many mornings where I call up to my kids and then see their faces peeking down at me. 

Here is the clan looking down into the entryway.  We were laughing about how when someone rings the doorbell, these jokers will be able to spy out and tell me who it is before I open the door.

Again, the girls looking out of the "princess room" window.  Just below it is the formal living room/piano room...yay!  I'm so excited to have a room dedicated to quiet family time and music.

Here is a fun diagonal angle in the girls' princess room.  A full-size mirror may go in this corner...with dress-up hooks on either side for their pretend play.

And Andy's main concern with our new home was ceiling height.  Because he's so tall, he has had to crouch down to go through doorways and stairways nearly his whole life.  Well.  I don't think he'll have any issues here.  In fact, on this day while we were visiting the house, Matthew and Taylor were playing pass football from the family room up to the bonus room.  I told them to enjoy it now...because once the house was finished they'd be banished to the garage if they dared try it.

Here Andy is inspecting the deck.  I'm planning on building a swing for relaxing evenings together.  I just love the view, and how quiet it is.

So there's a long way to go...but it's come a long way from being just an idea in Andy's and my imagination!  We've been married for 16 years...and this house has been built a little bit at a time over the years in our minds.  We are so excited to finally see it taking shape, and can hardly wait to come home to our "gathering place."

No comments: