Happy Halloween 2014 (in December! ha ha!) I am so behind on blogging. Halloween has been one of my favorite holidays ever since Andy and I were married. We both enjoy getting into costumes, and won a few costume contests during our first few married years. Such fun memories. Some years, I've tried to have the whole family do a theme...and this year had thought about doing Snow White, her Prince Charming...and the Seven Dwarfs...since I DO have seven kiddos now...but that will have to wait until next year. This year we were a hodge podge of costumes, but it was a lot of fun.
Rachel was the Maid Marion from Robin Hood (she has fallen in love with the BBC Robin Hood series on Netflix.), Lainah was Anna from Frozen...and I was Wonder Woman, complete with huge hair.
Addyson had a beautiful Elsa costume, and I do believe we got her to wear it for a little while, but she preferred her Princess Sophia nightgown. I had some sugar cookies ready for the kids to decorate and some "monster sandwiches" ready for them to eat when they got home from school.
So, we have Anna, Rachel pre-costume, Brooklynn as Aurora, Matthew as Annikan Skywalker, Taylor as himself (which he keeps claiming that he REALLY is Batman) Emma as Bat Baby, Andy as Clark Kent/Superman...and Addy as...Princess Sophia.
| Photography by Wonder Woman |
Lainah loved her Anna ballgown, and kept singing the whole song from the movie. My favorite part was when she'd throw herself against a wall and sing. "Picture of sophisticated grace.....ugh!" If you've seen the movie, you'll get it. If you haven't...watch the movie, and you'll get it!
Wonder Woman joined the gang!
| Photography by Clark Kent. AKA: Superman |
Every year, we do a fun Halloween Feasty...This year, we labeled each of the dishes something beasty and gross. The kids really enjoyed that. I think we had brain goulash, mummy fingers, witches eyes...stuff like that. Batman helped me come up with all of the labels, and Maid Marion wrote them down for us.
Here in this picture, Addy has changed into Elsa, and Batman (aka Taylor) is now dressed up as Spiderman. I love how beautiful Brooklynn looks in her Aurora dress...she was the perfect Aurora.
I told them to be silly. When I look at this picture, I notice how thick Taylor's legs are getting...and how cute and chubby Bat Baby's legs are. I love these cute kiddos!!!
Here are my beautiful girls...minus Bat Baby Emma. Lainah is showing off a little leg.
Okay, so who knew that Clark Kent really had a thing for Wonder Woman! We all thought it was Louis Lane. Hey...wait a minute! What if Louis really is Wonder Woman in disguise!
Yes, we're goofs. But only one night a year. The rest of the 364, we are completely serious and down to earth.
I love that when we act this silly and goofy our kids just crack up. Here I was showing them all that their dad was really....SUPERMAN!!!!! Who knew!?!
And 16 years ago, Andy proposed to me on Halloween night after a really fun and creative date. He proposed to me in front of the Idaho Falls Temple, which is where we were then married a few months later. So each year...we not only celebrate our Anniversary...but on Halloween after all the trick or treating with the kids, we put them to bed and then have an engagement anniversary celebration. This year...we drove up to our new home being built and had candle-lit donuts and cider on our back deck. I tamed my hair down a little bit first. We may have danced and kissed.
So it's a little late...but Happy Halloween 2014!
No comments:
Post a Comment