What a fun 4th we had this year! We started off the day by going to our ward's pancake breakfast and eating with our friends. I really liked it because I didn't have to cook! That's always nice. :)
From there, we went to the Chesterland Parade, which is just a few minutes past our church building. We went with some friends, and saw a few other families from the ward on the parade route. Notice the plastic bags???
Parades out here are crazy about candy. Seriously, there's not a lot of marching bands...rarely any horses...you get a few classic cars, some old tractors once in a while, a few cheerleading squads...and lots and lots of candy! So much, in fact, that kids come prepared with plastic grocery bags in which to store their loot. Here's some proof.
Parades out here are crazy about candy. Seriously, there's not a lot of marching bands...rarely any horses...you get a few classic cars, some old tractors once in a while, a few cheerleading squads...and lots and lots of candy! So much, in fact, that kids come prepared with plastic grocery bags in which to store their loot. Here's some proof.Brooklynn got a frisbee in addition to her sugar-high.

Rachel was excited to get a popcorn ball that looked like a baseball...and of course the rest of her sugar supply for the next couple of months.

And, it looks like Taylor already had some of his candy by the time I got his picture. I think it takes about 2 seconds for the candy to go from his hand to his bloodstream. Taylor also got a new frisbee.
And Matthew was so darn cute sitting on daddy's lap, that he didn't need to run to the street for candy, several people just came over and gave him some...and he got a cool little flashlight too. 
And Matthew was so darn cute sitting on daddy's lap, that he didn't need to run to the street for candy, several people just came over and gave him some...and he got a cool little flashlight too. 
After the parade, we went home for a couple of hours before heading out to a bbq with some more friends from the ward. I made a potato salad...which is Andy's favorite, and I also had made a cherry/blueberry pie the night before. I had to take a picture of the pie because it turned out so cute. :) You know, cute is important. (But...it also tasted yummy! Audrey...I promise I'll make another one soon so you get a taste this time!!!)

This is a picture of Matthew and his little friend Brigham "Brig" Beck. They were so cute in their stripes and big bellies...
So the guys started a mean game of bocce...and us girls had one going too, but of course, I had the camera so we didn't get documented. I think we were a lot prettier though. AND...we didn't break any of the bocce balls. Way to go guys!
So, after the bbq, we came home...had the kids take quick showers because of course while at the park they had to find the mud...and then we headed off again to see the Shaker Heights fireworks with some more friends from the ward and stake. We did our own little sparklers while waiting for the big show and it was lots of fun to just sit around and gab.
So the guys started a mean game of bocce...and us girls had one going too, but of course, I had the camera so we didn't get documented. I think we were a lot prettier though. AND...we didn't break any of the bocce balls. Way to go guys!
So, after the bbq, we came home...had the kids take quick showers because of course while at the park they had to find the mud...and then we headed off again to see the Shaker Heights fireworks with some more friends from the ward and stake. We did our own little sparklers while waiting for the big show and it was lots of fun to just sit around and gab. Hey! Here's a picture of me! I really was there that day! Matthew just snuggled right in and enjoyed the show. He kept saying "Ligh! Ligh!" Which translates to, "Wow Mommy! Look at those huge lights in the sky!"
Both of the girls snuggled in with Daddy...while Taylor lounged in a chair by himself.
They were great fireworks...but we really missed the background music that the Idaho Falls fireworks have! Wow, that really adds to the whole thing! But it was a great day from start to finish...we're so thankful for all of the great friends we have out here to spend our holidays with!!!
3 comments:
Hi Sherrie! It's Rachel and Anthony Orme. Debbie showed me your blog and so I thought I'd drop a little note and say hi. I can't believe how big your kids are. I'm glad you had a nice 4th of July. When you get a chance, check out our blog. www.ormefam.blogspot.com.
wow! nothing beats an ohio candy parade!!
The pie looks and sounds wicked good. Also, congratulations on Taylor's baptism. Obviously, it is hard to overstate the significance it has for him but I also know that a dad is never quite the same after baptizing one of his children. Well done.
Brad
Post a Comment