Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Funny Things People Say

One of my favorite things to do with Andy, is to stay up late talking about our day. We usually laugh and laugh about things we've said...things we've wanted to say but didn't dare...things our kids have said...and things that have been said to us from people in general. This post is dedicated to all the funny things in life...feel free to add your own in the comments. :)

1. Ya'll are from Idaho? Man, I would'na believed it...ya jus feet right in heya. (hmm...take that one as you will...is that a good thing, or bad thing?)

2. You just hit the hammer right on the nail! (Yes, that is actually supposed to be "you hit the nail right on the head.")

3. Ya, I know where Idaho is. It's right below Minnesota. (Sherrie: Um...you might be thinking of IOWA...) Oh. So they're two different states? (just a lady I met in the grocery store who was buying Idaho potatoes.)

4. I'm sweat. (this is what Rachey says when she's sweaty.)

5. Salt doesn't make food colder, it makes it taste better!

6. Whales actually used to live on land, then they lived in water like they do now.

7. Most sharks won't hurt people, and the ones who do only eat people if they're provoked or hungry. (Taylor's wisdom...makes you feel real safe, doesn't it.)

8. You were Miss Idaho? So what did your husband do while you were competing? (Sherrie: Um....I wasn't married yet.) Okay DUH!!!! "MISS"

9. I've got celery. (this, for some very odd reason that we have yet to discover, is what our children say when they have diarrea.)

10. Your loans count as income. (Sherrie: um...how does a sum of money that you have to pay back plus xxx amount of interest on top of the original sum count as income?) Highly intelligent person responds: because it is income because you put it into your checking account. (Sherrie: Wow. I guess I didn't realize I was making so much money during dental school.)

11. You have FOUR kids? or How many kids do you have!?! or Are these ALL yours?

12. If you were as beautiful as me, you'd have 4 children too.

13. The incredible thing is NOT that I have 4 children. It's that they all have the same father, I'm happily married to him, and that both he and I are more than twice the age of our oldest child. Now, THAT is the incredible thing.

14. Decent people shouldn't live here.

15. Does that kid look like he's ever missed a meal?

16. Dang those noxious weeds! (courtesy of G.O. .com) (For family members...this is what Andy and I lovingly refer to grandma as when we are going over some of her funniest remarks... G.O. (a little pause) . (dot) com. She has her own little jingle.)

17. Oh, did I wake you up? You sound awful. (Sherrie's thoughts: so....what do you say to that? THANKS?)

18. Sherrie: Okay, you can go watch tv for 30 minutes. Brooklynn: But Mom...can't I watch a little longer? Sherrie: Fine, you can watch for a half an hour, but that's it. Brooklynn: Thanks!

19. If you really ate an apple a day, that would be 365 1/4 apples every year. (Thanks to Taylor's wisdom.)

20. My mom has a crown because she was royalty once, and my dad is learning how to make crowns at school. (overheard Tay explaining this to his best friend Nicholas once.)

21. The tooth fairy must have terrible teeth. (the kids) Sherrie: Why do you say that? Kids: Because why else would she want to pay for teeth that are falling out of kids' mouths?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherrie, This is my favorite kind of post. I love kid wisdom. Emily

Ammieloris said...

I love the crown one, the salt one, and the whale one. :) Can I make a post like this about things Jonathan says? Probably not...

David and Melissa Belnap said...

That is too funny! I just laughed and laughed! I can't wait until Aiden starts sharing his wisdom with the world!! We can't wait to hear some of that wisdome in person!!!

Cute background! (Either great minds think alike, or it was just a really cute back ground, because I have seen it on like 5 other blogs!) Ha! Ha!

Taunalee said...

Mwahahahaha! I found you... I can't believe how long it has been! Is Brooklyn really three?

Sherrie said...

Taunalee!!! What in the world? :) Okay, you've just MADE my day! What are you up to these days?? Shoot me off an email and we'll chat. :)

thekerrclan said...

I love the comment about how many kids?!!? I get a lot of "do they have the same daddy?" and "BLESS YOUR HEART!" Hmmm...I'll take the blessings though - -we need all the help we can get!

The Bell Family said...

Sherrie ~ I found you! I lost you for awhile, but you are lost no more!!!!!!SO CUTE! ~Kim

Lexie said...

Sherrie,
I laughed the whole way through! I especially like Taylors thoughts on crowns. My favorite comment ever was from a checker at TOPS when we first moved to Cleveland and I was pregnant with Lydia. He talked about how terrible it was to be pregnat (how did he know?) and then said, "Blame it on Mother Eve!" I don't know why, but I laugh about it to this day!

Lance and Caetie said...

Okay, so that makes me never want to eat celery again.....

The Beecrofts said...

I knew there was a reason you had four kids!