Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dishwashers

Last Thursday, our dishwasher broke. I went to open it, and the handle broke off. Oops. I could hear a little piece of plastic click, and then tumble somewhere inside of the door. GREAT! So, because the door wouldn't click back into place, this smart machine, knowing that it's door isn't all the way closed, won't run. At this point, I'm wishing that we would have gone with the mediocre-intelligenced machine that really isn't all that smart.

Well, Andy takes the door apart and figures out that all we need is this tiny little piece of plastic, so he calls the parts place and orders it. They tell us that it should be in by Tuesday of the next week. At this point there are two things running through my mind.

1. GREAT! We don't have to buy another dishwasher during our last year here!
2. GREAT! I just won't cook anything requiring pots or pans, and we'll use plastic/paper dishes until Tuesday.

But then...I remembered that we had a couple of extra dishwashers just hanging around the house...they worked very well until Tuesday rolled around. These two dishwashers specialized in plastic cups, bowls, and plates...utensils, pots, pans, mixing bowls...but weren't guaranteed through the manufacturer to safely clean knives or glass...so I did those items myself. It worked out pretty well.

Whew! It's a good thing I had them just lying around the house!


5 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

That stinks...we actually had a VERY similar thing happen to our dishwasher! I heard a loud snap, but it just won't open and close gracefully anymore. The springs or something broke and so now i have to open it carefully b/c if i let go it will slam down and probably bust it even more!

Ammieloris said...

Hehe! How funny! I love your dishwashers. (Good luck fixing the professional one.)

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Hey...I was a dishwasher once too guys! Our dishwasher broke when I was about Racheys age...OK...I was standing on the door, and it broke. My parents didn't replace it for several years! Hmmm...Punishment I guess!

Steph said...

Hey Sherrie, it's Stephanie Hoffman here. Long time, no see! So I guess I won't be shy and say a quick hello! I got your link from Mohna's blog, and I love reading all your funny stories! Your kids are so big, too! Time flies! Anyway, hope you're doing well! Have a great day!

Auds Beck said...

how much do cute dishwashers like THAT cost!