Sunday, June 15, 2008

Taylor's 2nd Grade Zoo Trip

During the last week of school, the 2nd graders had a field trip to the zoo. Unlike our Kindergarten run this year, Tay's class had beautiful sunny weather. I loved it! Andy took a day off of clinic to come with us, and we had a lot of fun taking a small group of them around the zoo. And, just like with Rachey's class...you'll see that Brooklynn, although only three, is not shy around siblings' friends and can easily squeeze her way to the front of any crowd. It's a talent.

Oooohhhhh.....elephant teeth.
Taylor has been nicknamed "radar ears" in our house...I thought this picture was very fitting.
And it looks like Tay's best friend Nicholas has the same ear problem.
Not to be outdone, Brooklynn quickly jumped between the two ears to show that she was just as grown up as her brother and his friends.
Well...if everyone jumped off a building would you? Apparently so. Here is Matthew's turn with the big ears, although I don't think he really understood why Dad seemed to want to squish him and his backpack carrier inbetween two big pieces of weirdly-shaped metal.

Money burns a hole...into Nyah's pocket. Nyah, the girl in purple had a quarter. All day long she was begging me to let her buy stuff. Annoying! Andy tried to teach her a concept of "saving." That didn't go very far. Finally, I saw this cool "save the rainforest" thingy and pointed it out to her. She immediately wanted to drop in her burning coin. I've got to admit...yes, I intentionally lured her into it, but hey, the rest of the trip was so peaceful...and they had a lot of fun watching it slowly roll around and around and around until it disappeared at the bottom.


Brooklynn's favorite part was the butterfly greenhouse. Here she is "reading" (because now that she's with a group of big kids, she knows how to read) about all the species of butterflies.


And here is the little group we took around. Brooklynn didn't quite make it to the front in this picture...you can see her behind Tay and Nicholas. So, it's Lizzie, Nyah, Nicholas, and Taylor. Taylor is so sad because Nicholas has now moved to Chagrin Falls.
And on the way home, we had to stop and get a part for Andy's scooter. (We are always getting parts for that thing...will it last 11 more months???) Anyway, Matthew quickly fell asleep and was snoring...I thought it was funny.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL...we have some radar ears at our house too...hehe
I finally got into your blog...thanks for the link, somehow it worked this time. Gotta love computers, right?!!