skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Biology, Birthdays, and Babies
We think that Rachey is a biologist at heart. She came home from school on Friday, put her bag inside the door and said, "Mommy, can I go play?" and off she goes to the back field. (We have a piece of land that separates our back yard from the golf course that everyone here calls "the field"). So, off she goes to the back field, and a few minutes later comes in with her first "treasure", this dead worm.
She then goes back outside to play, and I'm watching her jumping on the ice out there in her snow boots, breaking through to the water beneath it, having the blast of her life. A little while later, I hear her come in. After taking her winter stuff off, she does something in the kitchen and then comes into the office saying "Mommy! Do you want to see my ice collection?" Oh boy, I thought for sure I'd have a puddle of melting ice all over my kitchen floor. hmm...I don't know which is worse, but this sure is funnier. She opens up the freezer to show me that she had filled up her dinosaur stomper foot with ice chips, and had put them in the freezer to keep.
So, I turned 25 yet again on Friday. Isn't it great being 25? It was a great birthday, and my candles didn't even set off the smoke alarm. Hooray! I love trifle, and well, Andy bought this yummy Boston cream cake...close enough. It was yummy!
Yes, in our home the birthday girl or boy gets to do the "honors" of cutting the cake for everyone.
And when I was taking down all the Christmas decorations last week, Matthew was having a great time riding in the decorations box. Thank goodness for big sister Brooklynn who was so willing to push him around and around and around and around the living room.
4 comments:
Yes Dad...25 already. :) Aren't you glad that I'm finally starting to "grow up"?
Happy Birthday! We January gals have to stick together!
Great pictures Sherrie. I enjoyed looking through them and reading what you wrote about them. I also like your extra elements you added to your page. Great blog you have!
Thanks Mo! Now, I want to see some new posts on yours! :) Get to it! I want to see what your boys have been up to!
Post a Comment