I have been working with Lainah since the beginning of the kids' school year on a preschool book series called "Explode the Code" by Nancy Hall. I love these books, they are the same ones that Taylor's preschool teacher used, and the same that Matthew's preschool teacher used. I haven't found any that prepare a child for reading faster or better! Lainah just completed the first of a 3-book series, and she is amazing! She knows a handful of letters by sight, she knows their sounds, and she can write each one. You can say a word and she can tell you which letter it starts with and write if for you. It's amazing how quickly and efficiently this series can teach letter recognition, sound, and writing skills.
 |
| Addyson 17 months Lainah 4 years |
I love teaching Lainah, she is so bright, imaginative and fun! She learns so quickly that she keeps me on my toes, constantly thinking of new things to teach her! She enjoys doing her schoolwork and is excited for Kindergarten next year. I will miss her. Addy will too...Addy has had so much fun throwing colored pencils around, climbing all over the place, and doing anything she can think of to be a part of the preschool fun!
 |
| Lainah with her completed preschool book and certificate! |
I made this certificate for Lainah when she finished the book. I told her that when she finished, that Andy and I would take her out to a special dinner. She was SO excited about that and said, "you mean at a RESTAURANT!?!" Her eyes got huge and she was all smiles. I'm excited to take this little one out to dinner, she is a gem.
 |
| Lainah's certificate and dinner date with Mom & Dad |
No comments:
Post a Comment