Monday, April 20, 2009

Lainah's Blessing Day

On Easter Sunday, we blessed our little baby girl. It was the perfect day for a baby blessing. It just seemed fitting that on the day that we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, which means everlasting life for all of us...that we also celebrated the new life in our little family. Lainah is now a little over two months old, and she has been such a blessing in our home. We all just can't get enough of her sweet little spirit. Sunday morning as I was getting her dressed in her white dress, I was telling her how beautiful she was...and then became overwhelmed with how much I loved her. More than that, Andy and I both felt completely surrounded that day by loved ones from up above. We felt so strongly that our little Lainah was being surrounded on her blessing day by people who loved her. I worked on her little dress for a few weeks prior to her big day. I usually had to wait until late at night to work on it...but I enjoyed every second of it. I've made each of my girls' blessing dresses, and they are each unique in their design...just like each of my daughters are special and unique.
Sunday morning, I pulled out all of our family's blessing outfits and put them on my bed. I didn't get a picture of them all, but it was quite the sight...Andy's, mine, Taylor's, Rachel's, Brooklynn's, Matthew's, and little baby Lainah's blessing outfits. Rachel especially loved looking at her little blessing dress, and couldn't believe how small she used to be.


Easter was a beautiful sunny day...but not very warm, so we only took a couple of outside pictures. We just wanted one picture with the sun on Lainah's face.

She was much more comfortable inside. She has kept her dark hair so far, and has the most beautiful blue eyes to go with it. And her little dimples are so precious!

In this picture, I was talking to her, and she was cooing back at me and smiling. She is such a happy, sweet baby!
So right here, I don't know if we really want to know what Taylor might have done to produce that reaction from the girls. :) I also love how Matthew is just completely out of it in these pictures. Nursery wears him out, and by the time we get home (it's a 30 minute drive), he is usually zonked out and ready for a nap. So for these pictures, we just propped him up on the couch, it was pretty funny.
Andy gave Lainah the most beautiful blessing. I love how each of the kids have had very unique blessings. Many of the things are the same in each one, but yet each child has also been blessed with things that are completely unique to them and their personalities and missions in this life.
I'm so thankful that Andy is the type of father he is. He is strong, he is caring, he's a good teacher, he gets down and wrestles with his children...and yet he can also be so serious, and bears the responsibility of fatherhood well.
Here is little Lainey...in daddy's arms, and holding hands with her Daddy.

The easter bunny also visited our house...and although she can't eat chocolate yet...we're getting her all prepared for when she can. :)

Taylor was our little photographer. This picture he took and then said, "oops...I cut off your heads", but it's actually one of my favorites. I think he might have some talent at photography!
Lainah Lorraine Thuernagle
Easter Sunday, April 12th, 2009
Mayfield Ward, Kirtland Ohio Stake

15 comments:

thekerrclan said...

So beautiful and so special. I love the dress! You are so talented. I think as I age, I just get more and more emotional about my kids. I'm a blubbering mess most of the time. We miss you guys.

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

I just love this post! She is such a beautiful, precious little angel. I look forward to giving her a squeeze soon. The dress is gorgeous. You are very talented.What a special day. It is overwhelming, how much love your heart can hold for each of your little children.They are such wonderful gifts! Congratulations, I am glad you had such a wonderful easter.

Mohna said...

What a perfect day for a baby blessing...she looks so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

She is so beautiful that that pretty dress.

Ammieloris said...

Lainah is so beautiful. I especially love the first picture and the one that Taylor took. And that dress is lovely. You are so talented! (I love the pic with a sleeping Matthew tucked into the corner of the couch!)

Kristen said...

What a wonderful tradition you have with the blessing clothes. We miss you all.

Chick Chat said...

Lainah is so gorgeous! Just beautiful! You have such cute kids! You did an amazing job on her dress too! Awesome!

elizabeth said...

Sherrie, you have such a beautiful little girl! I love the pictures. And, wow - I can't believe you made that dress, it's so pretty!!

Jamie H. said...

What a little doll! The dress is absolutely beautiful! Do you remember me taking that children's clothing class at Ricks and sewing a blessing gown? Two boys later, it still sits in my hope chest!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful day. The pictures are great. So glad you posted them so we can keep updated. My "boys" are looking forward to seeing you all soon. Emily B

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Congratulations! She will certainly be following in OUR footsteps with all of that charm and beauty. I guess we should have expected that - ode to future Miss/Mrs. Idaho. Where ARE you going to live when you are done?

Cannon Clan said...

she looks great! i hope i look as great as you after my fifth arrives!

Meghan & Roger said...

Hey Lainah,

Your really cute! We should go to dinner or something in 16 or 21 years! My parents say that food is really yummy. I wouldn't know because milkshakes are more my style. I am a milkshake kind of man (well baby, but one day I'll be a man). Anyway if our parents get together sometime in the near future we should totally lay on a blanket and randomly flail our arms about and hit each other! It'll be a blast.
Later,
Oscar

Becky and JJ Campbell said...

You are so talented. Her dress is amazing.

Lexie said...

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile, but what a fun post and what a beautiful girl! She really is just gorgeous and I love that you made her dress. What a treasure that will always be to her. So glad you got to enjoy such a lovely and "blessed" Easter! I hope that graduation was fabulous and that you email some contact info when you get to your next home!