Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lainah's 2nd Week in the World...

Lainey's 2nd week has been filled with lots of nap time, and lots of snuggle time with mom and with brothers and sisters. We did have to make one trip in to the preschool this week, and even though mom was careful to cover her completely, it didn't take long for teachers and friends to pull the blanket off "just for a peek." Brooklynn was so proud of her baby sister and wanted to show her off to everyone. Mommy was glad to make it back out to the van with relatively little contact! I know, paranoid...but it's cold and flu season!

Some things we've noticed about Lainey already...

She loves to be talked to, and if she could smile, she would! She gets this happy look on her face where her entire face just lights up and her dimples show...it's so cute.

Her sneezes are the best. She puts her hands up by the sides of her face and does the complete "ahhhh....choo!!!" It's hilarious to hear that coming out of a tiny little baby.

She's starting to turn her head towards mommy when she hears mommy's voice. This morning, I was holding her while helping to get Brooklynn ready for church, and when I looked down she had picked her head up and was looking up at me. I was so impressed at how steady she held her head and how she was just watching me and listening to me. Ahh....moments like those melt mommy's heart.

Lainey likes mommy's electric blanket as much as Mommy. When I get her undressed to rub lotion on her, change her, brush her hair, etc...I put her on a blanket on top of my electric blanket set to medium. It keeps her nice and cozy while she's undressed and she loves it. She stays so nice and relaxed.

Lainey loves to be snuggled up into tight places, like her carseat...or someone's arms, or...the changing table part of her bassinet. Yep, that's right...the changing table. She actually hasn't ever slept in the real bassinet yet, it just seems too huge for her. She sleeps all nice and cuddled up in the changing station cradle...it fits her just right.


She doesn't mind sleeping while Matthew "watches" her and Taylor watches Matthew.



Week two has been fun! She is a little sweetheart!



10 comments:

Taunalee said...

She is so beautiful!!! Congrats!

Sariah said...

She's so precious! And the other kids are adorable, too. :)

Holly said...

She is a little sweetheart! She is so beautiful! It makes me miss the little baby stage, oh how I love that special time! I just thought we were enjoying Carson last year at this time that little and now he is so big! Oh how I miss it!

Jamie H. said...

She is adorable! Doesn't Matthew look huge next to her now?! Enjoy!

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! She does remind me a lot of Rachel, when she was a baby. I love the pictures.She always looks so cozy! It looks like she is in great hands =0)

Teresa Clark - Storyteller said...

I found you!!! Congrats on yet another perfectly beautiful child!
Wow - you are just gifted at this.

Love to all!

Haley said...

Precious baby L! Congrats to you all.

Becky and JJ Campbell said...

Sherrie she is so beautiful. Congratulations. Oh to have pink!!!

Cannon Clan said...

she looks great, how is FIVE treating you so far?

Anna Rhodes said...

Sherrie, she is so cute! I'm glad she is finally here for you. I read your story...Wow and rush was right.