Friday, October 17, 2008

Backyard Cookout

A few weeks ago was our ward campout. And...as luck would have it, I came down with the flu the day before and was not feeling up to camping. Boy are we so glad that we live where we do! We basically have our own campground right in our backyard. So, when Andy got home from school, we took the kids out back and they roasted hot dogs and cooked tin foil dinners while I just wrapped up and enjoyed watching them all. Those tin foil dinners looked so good, but I didn't feel good enough to eat anything...so I just watched and took pictures. :)

Brooklynn was so cute roasting (flame broiling) her hot dogs.

Matthew snuggling into his daddy...

Rachey roasting her hot dog

Tay and Rachey...enjoying their dinners on the trampoline

Andy and Matthew just relaxing by the fire...and drinking Root Beer.

3 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You can't beat a backyard campout. :) Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Get better soon.

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

Cute! What a great idea. You guys have a pretty cool back yard! I hope you are feeling better! Nothing is worse than when you are feeling sick, and have little ones to take care of!

kirstensblog said...

Fun pictures!