For example, one day he reached up onto the top of my dresser and grabbed one of my jewelry boxes. I came up to my bedroom to find that he had emptied out the entire contents of that jewelry box into the bathtub, and then had emptied an entire bottle of shampoo onto them. Apparently, he thought that my jewelry was dirty and needed a good cleaning.
Another time, he got into Andy's sock drawer and put a pair into the fridge, another pair into the office garbage, and another pair into his crib...apparently just stocking up for later on when his foot would be a size 14.
He is also very dangerous around the toilet...he really enjoys watching things flush down...but I won't get into that.
This past week Andy and I have been busy painting the girls' room...well, Andy went on an errand run to the Home steal all your money Depot, and left me there painting. I had put up the gate so that none of the kids could come into the room. The girls were downstairs in the toyroom playing, and Taylor was reading. Matthew was just wandering around the living room playing with his toys...or so I thought. I was painting in the closet and I kept hearing a "plunk" sound, followed by the laundry chute door slamming shut. This kept happening, and I although I wondered who was doing that, I figured that I needed to keep painting and finish quickly.
Later that night, when I went down to sort laundry, I realized that the plunking noises were actually a bunch of miscellaneous objects that Matthew had been throwing down the chute. I put them all on the steps and took a picture of them because I thought it was so funny. Here is his "chute collection."

Yesterday while I was making dinner, again with the gate up so he couldn't come into the kitchen and get into everything...I happened to glance around the corner because I heard sounds in the office. I caught him "figuring out" the computer. Here he is, caught-in-the-act. I LOVE the look on his face.

So, I get him down, and take him into his room with his toys, and ask Taylor to watch him. (Taylor was doing his homework) About 2 minutes later? I hear sounds in the office again, and this is what I see.
Yes, he is trying to explain to me why he actually needs to be on the computer chair taking the printer apart...apparently it needed a tuneup.
5 comments:
He is so cute! I love the look that betrays that he knows he's done something he oughtn't have done. I also like that artistic shot of his chute items.
Sherrie, that is too funny! He is soo cute!(and innocent looking!)Hee! Hee!
That was so funny! I had to dry my eyes after reading. Thanks for sharing. Generally, kids' main purpose in life is to do something interesting so you'll have stories to share with others.
Fun...but totally exhausting, huh?
HA! I love it! He is a doll (if you can call a boy that?) Looks like he has quite the little personality. I think he and Abby would get along great....although if we left the two of them for more than 30 seconds together they could probably get into something in each room of the house...lol!
Post a Comment