Well, I didn't feel well enough to do any work yesterday or today...but I also just can't sit around. I'd rather sleep, but "ha ha ha" when you have small children it doesn't matter if mom is sick, life goes on...so sleep is out of the question. Hmm...what to do. Tada!!! I pulled out a project that needed to be done. A project that I was waiting to do until our remodeling took us to the living room...but hey, I did it anyway! So, here is my new welcome sign on our old wallpaper...in a few months you'll be seeing it against the new paint, but for now...here it is.
So, this is what it looked like to start...just a plain piece of pine...Taylor asked if I was making an airplane for his wall. Hmm.....glad he has so much confidence in my crafty skills!
Here it is on the wall. The lighting isn't the best, but I liked how it turned out. I bought some decorative moulding to put on the top and bottom and then I used different shades of paint to bring out the highlights of the profile.
What's fun to do with the moulding is to use a sponge brush and lightly brush over the top of it. Because the profile has high and low points, the paint only touches the high point. So, I just left the low points as unfinished wood. I used a really light coat of green for the base of the whole project so that the wood grains show through, and then (again with a sponge brush) used deeper tones of green to create shadows and highlights.
This was a fun little project! But now I'm just sitting here with a sore throat and no motivation to do anything else...not good. Oh...Loralee, I thought you'd get a kick out of the color I chose. (laughing)
9 comments:
Very cute! You are so talented! You are always popping out new things that you have made! I have decided they need to have "Mommy Day Care" for when moms are sick, someone to bring you soup and tissues, and someone to entertain your kids for you! Wouldn't that be great!:)
Way to go! Looks great.
Kudos for being crafty even when you were sick! Your wall hanging is lovely, and it seems perfect for your home. I hope you feel better soon.
Looks great! I need you and a few others in the ward to teach me how to make cute things like this to hang on our walls!
Sherrie do you ever ask for help. Yes I know this is probably the pot calling the kettle black, but really.....CALL ME!!!!!
LAUGHING! but I love the color :) And please tell me I'm not the only one that gets bitter when I get sick b/c you just have to keep plugging away...
If only I was as productive when I am sick...
Way to go, you're amazing, and even sick, Sherrie, you really are incredible. I hope you're feeling better!
What in the world is that! Way to go Sherrie-are you teaching a class at Super Saturday on those signs?! The green ROCKS!!!
Post a Comment