Sunday, May 4, 2008

Rachey's Kindergarten Zoo Trip

Three years ago I remember Andy and I going on Taylor's Kindergarten Zoo trip. Funny thing...it was raining that day too. What is it about field trips and rain? Okay, even in Idaho where it only rains on three days of the year (hay harvest, 2nd hay harvest, and 3rd hay harvest) it always rained on my field trips...seriously...we should calendar the field trips for a certain day...and then secretly plan to go on a DIFFERENT day just to see if we can fool the rain! Anyway, it was a fun day despite the weather!

We had a fun group this year...Rachel, Olivia, Callista, and Gunnar...and Brooklynn of course. I was so impressed with the way that Rachel let Brooklynn join right in with her and her friends, and how they even held her hand, and how they included her at their lunch table. Rachel actually went and sat at a different table so there would be room for Brooklynn. Very impressive. :) What a fun day!

I felt a little bad for poor Gunnar being the only boy in our group...he was a good sport. :)

Here they are in the rain forest...we went here first because it was dry! There's an alligator in this tank that they were looking at underwater, he was submerged. And here they are looking at the Orangutan's (ahem. I don't know have to spell that one...okay orangish monkeys) This mother "orange monkey thing" had the cutest little baby that was climbing the ropes all the way to the top of the dome ceiling...the kids were pretty caught up in it for a while.

By the look on Rachey's face, I'd say that she just saw something really cool, or something really gross...I don't know which.

Here's a bigger group of some of Rachey's classmates...with a couple of siblings mixed in.

Brooklynn was feeling so grown up by lunchtime, that she just plunked herself right down amidst the "big kids" and started chowing. No big deal! :) It was really cute.
And here's Rachey, who was happy enough to move to a different table to make room for Brooklynn at the other one. These are some of Rachey's friends from school, Tamika, Caleb, and Larry.

Here we are after having good healthy nourishment. Notice how Brooklynn climbed up in the back with big sister. Seriously, I was so impressed with how patient Rachel was all day!!!

And little Matthew was a trooper. He was so happy to be carried around in the backpack carrier all day...thanks Andy! I wasn't up for it! (So I was sitting two rows back from Andy and Matthew on the shuttle...and these two old ladies were sitting in the row ahead of me...he was flirting with these old ladies, grinning and cooing....Matthew was flirting, NOT Andy...Andy wanted me to make that clear.)

Here's Rachey at the end of our day at the gorilla enclosure...look at how small her hand is next to the big guy's. Yikes!

Okay, and this is documentation that I was there...strep and all. (Don't worry, it's not contagious past 24 hours of taking antibiotics...and this had been a couple of days) But...I was seriously ready to go home and rest...those Kindergarteners wore me out!

8 comments:

Ammieloris said...

How cute! (And I'm glad it was Matthew who was flirting with the old ladies, not Andy! I had been confused.) I'm glad everyone had fun.

The Beecrofts said...

Great pics. I didn't know Gunnar was in her class. Matthew is so excited to go to noble next year!

Kristen said...

I LOVE kindergardeners. They are the best. I get to go on one of thier field trips tomorrow. So much fun.

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Funny, I truly believe that field trips are cursed! I can only remember 1 that I went on that it wasn't raining! Rachey is growing up! She gets prettier in every picture I see of her!

Brek said...

HEY! I just got back from the zoo this afternoon! Wasn't raining on me, though! And I get to go back in a month with my kindergartner. Fun blog!

Auds Beck said...

we saw you guys leaving the zoo but we dind't say anything as we drove away! We were too chicken to tell you we hung out in the rainforst the whole time and didn't get wet!! Way to weather the storm:)

Sherrie said...

WHAT!?! Audrey, how dare you NOT say "hi"! :) So, we should have hung out in the rain forest too...you guys were the smart ones. :) I was trying to keep my little group from jumping in knee deep puddles and putting their heads under downspouts. Seriously...the common phrase of the day was "my mom won't care Mrs. T, I promise!" Yeah right!

Ty and Sandra Belnap said...

Its both wonderful and hard to see everyone group up so fast. I feel like I have been missing so much.

Love you all.

Dad