Last week we had a gorgeous day here in Cleveland, and after school Rachey and Brooklynn went out to our "field" to enjoy the sunshine. I went out back to plant some flowers to find them kneeling down together picking these small purple flowers...they just looked so cute out there that I couldn't resist running inside to grab my camera. So, as I got close to them I kept saying, "Just ignore Mommy and keep doing what you are doing!" They must just think I'm crazy sometimes. :)
I'm so thankful for where we live. In the middle of this noisy, busy city...we have this in our backyard. A field that blooms full of Irises and daisies in the summer. The trees and fenceline that are in the background are a golf course...making for a very quiet, very nice backyard.
Rachey spends so many hours each summer out here picking flowers. It looks like she's teaching Brooklynn how to do it as well. :) Now I'll have two cups of flowers in my kitchen window instead of just one!
So, Brooklynn brought out this umbrella to "keep the sun off". I thought it was cute.
Our Rachel is growing up. It's hard to believe that when we moved here she was only 3.
And now she's a beautiful 6 year old. (if you click on the pictures, they will enlarge)
4 comments:
Wow! That is a great back yard! Its like you have your own little woods right there! Time flies, I really can't belive that you guys will be done in just a year! It probably hasn't gone as fast for you though:) We can't wait untill you are a little closer!
That is so fun! I love the cute things your kids do.
I can't even remember how little she was back then. I remember how little Brooklyn was though.
Love the field and flowers.
Post a Comment