Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lovely Lainah

Lainah is such a sweet and imaginative little three year old (who by the way, believes with all of her little girl heart that she is really four.)  She constantly surprises me by her way of bringing sunshine and imagination into all situations.  I love having her in our home.  Yesterday as I was working in the kitchen we had the funniest little conversation.  It went like this.

Lainah was eating a cookie.  She stopped halfway through her delectible delight and let out a h-u-g-e sigh.  "Ahhhhh.........Mom!  My teeth are going rotten!"

Me:  (suppressing a smile and laugh and feigning complete seriousness)  "What!?  They are?  Oh no, what do you think you should do about that?"

Lainah:  (another huge sigh)  "Well, I don't know!  They're just going to rot and fall out of my mouth."

Me: (exercising complete self-control)  "hmm...that would be awful!  What if you tried brushing your teeth?  Would that help?"

Lainah:  (with a forlorn look on her face and sad, sad tone to her voice)  "no Mom, I'll just have to stop eating forever."

Me:  (Letting myself smile at this point)  "Yes, I suppose that's a solution...when are you going to start to stop eating?"

Lainah:  (looking immensely confused)  "um...after I finish this cookie."

Me:  "good idea!"

Ahh...she is so funny!  I can only imagine that she got the idea of her teeth rotting out of her mouth from the many lectures that poor Taylor gets from Andy about his poor dental hygiene habits.  (Poor from Andy's perspective, perfectly normal for any 12 year old boy who loves junk food, eats a ton...and doesn't take the time to brush after each time he eats!) 

And if you're wondering how Lainah is fairing with her lifelong fast from food...she's surviving...she ate homemade potato soup last night with extra bacon...dinner rolls, a full glass of milk...and for dessert?  Yep.  She had another cookie.


Lainah in McCall, Idaho:  Summer Vacation 2012:  3 Years Old

No comments: