
Mother's Day gets better and better each year. I love my five children so much, they are each so precious. I'm amazed at how unique and individual my children are, and appreciate that with all of their unique qualities that our house is as a result filled with many different talents, interests, and abilities...not all of which harmonize all of the time. Motherhood has been an awesome challenge these past 9 1/2 years. When I think back to where I was just after having Taylor, and where I am now, it's humbling to see how through experience we truly do grow.
This year, I think my favorite part of Mother's Day was the morning. Andy and the kids made me breakfast in bed and let me sleep in, which never happens! When Andy brought in breakfast, the kids were all there, beaming and so proud and excited. Fifteen month old Lainah had help climbing onto the bed, and before I knew it, she was right at my side looking up at me waiting for a bite. Matthew also climbed up onto the bed, and then Brooklynn, and then at one point Rachel. They each wanted bites of my breakfast...which was soon gone. After we all ate "my" breakfast, we all went into the kitchen to make some more. What a great memory...eggs and toast and grape juice...and five kids...and one fabulous husband.
1 comment:
:D What cute breakfast makers and eaters you have. Happy Mothers Day.
Post a Comment