For Christmas this year, one of our awesome family members gave us a book. She had done the whole turn your blog into a book thing with our blog for the year 2008. Mohna, that was so awesome. It was so fun to look back and to read about our eventful year and all of the things that our family had done out in Cleveland during 2008.
Well, that did it. Since graduation we have been too busy for me to even think about doing anything on the computer other than paying bills, or doing business-related transactions. But after we received that book, it made me motivated to find the time to jot down a few things about what we're up to, just to keep up on the family history! So thank you Mohna, I needed that little push. :)
So after graduation, we moved to Nampa, Idaho. We rented a house for the past 7 months in a cute little neighborhood right across the street from the kids' elementary school. The kids were in shock when they saw where they would be attending school. They couldn't believe how new it was, how much grass it had surrounding it, how many basketball hoops it had, two ball diamonds, 4 soccer fields, two large playground areas, as well as a paved walking path. They were in heaven. So was I. I never tire of getting up each morning to see the mountains and the big blue sky.
We were more tan this summer than we've been in four years. We were outside every day for as long as the sun was up. We went on hikes, walks, bike rides, floated rivers, went camping, etc. I told Andy that I didn't even fully realize how suffocated I really felt while living in Cleveland until I had lived here for a month. My grandma said to me during year two of being in dental school that "you can take the girl out of Idaho, but you can't take Idaho out of the girl". Well, that's really how it was with me. And being a past Miss Idaho, I guess that fits. :)
So, even before we graduated we had signed a lease on a property to start building our dental practice. This summer, while Andy started working for Willowtree Dental on the East side of Boise, we also started construction on our own Dental practice. We would spend large amounts of time working with architects, contractors, city permit departments, and loan officers. There were several nights when our little rental house was literally filled with carpet samples, paint and tile samples, and granite samples. We had Patterson people coming in and out leaving us with and overload of information. Andy flew out to Portland to visit their warehouse where they make the Adec chairs. We designed our logo, and worked with artists to perfect it and make it into an awesome sign, and I worked on advertising and marketing plans. We conducted hiring interviews and chose a few employees. And...we spent a lot of money.
On December 7th, 2009, Clearwater Dental opened it's doors at Southside and Greenhurst. Since then, we have been busier than ever but it's pretty awesome to drive by Clearwater Dental each day and think, "Hey! That's ours!"
A month before we opened the practice, we bought a house right up the hill from the practice location. It literally takes Dr. Thuernagle 1 minute to walk out of the practice doors and walk into the house. And I thought that the fixer-upper Cleveland house would be our last of that sort, but no. This house was built in 1944, 10 years older than our Cleveland house. The great thing about this house is it's location...and it's potential. We'll just leave it at that for now. Ask us in about 5 years.
Okay so no pictures on this post...but at least I've jotted something down to prove to everyone that we really are still alive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Oh it is so good to hear from you. It sounds like you've been busy and happy. I'm so glad to hear it. Can't wait to hear more.
I'm glad you are back!
hey! that sounds soooo awesome! i would love to see a pic of your practice!! I am so glad for you guys! :)
So happy to see you back in "blog world"! Congrats on getting the practice up. I checked out the website and it looks great!! Call me when things settle down for you...we need to get together again!!
You're so awesome! I knew you couldn't stay away forever! Have fun blogging again!
WELCOME BACK!! can't wait to hear all about your new home and practice!
That's great Sherrie! You sacrificed so much, now you're starting to see your reward! Does Dr. Thuernagle do veneers??? ;)
Hey Sherri,
It is soooo good to hear how you guys are doing. I have been wondering. Thanks for updating and keep us posted.
Hey it's great to have you posting again! Congrats on getting the business started. Good luck fixing up the house!
Exciting! I am so glad for you for starting Clearwater Dental and finding a great house so very, very close to it. And perhaps I'm a little jealous that you get to admire a clear blue sky and lovely mountains, not to mention the hiking and bike rides and glorious Idaho summer. :) Hooray for the eventful year and this blog post!
Congrats on the new practice and the new house! Post some pictures when you get a chance! ;)
Hmm, I liked your post. I just could picture the blue sky and moutnains and the grass. Thanks for sharing an update on your family! I hope things go well for you guys - Im' so happy and excited for your family! :)
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO glad that you are back! I have missed my Miss Idaho - we Beauty Queens need to stick together. I'm very excited about your practice! Isn't it funny to think that just a minute ago we were here together and you guys were planning to go back to school - my how time flies...
So where did Mohna get her book printed? How much was it? I have been thinking I need to do it. Do they print the pictures and color and comments - or what?
Welcome back again! We just love you guys! We are thinking that we will be heading that way over Memorial day - will you be around? We'd love to see you. And if you get up here - feel free to stay with us - we have two guest rooms now and no family (no offense Sherrie and Andy's families).
Okay, So I have been really curious how to print my blog......please let me in on the secret of how she did it!!!!! Glad you're back in Idaho :)
Hey! I need your email address so I can invite you to my blog. I privatized it. :)
Nice to hear from you! ;) My friend and her family moved to Nampa about a year ago. Do you know Ryan and Whitney Bastian?
Hooray! I'm so glad to see your update and hear that the practice is up, running, and keeping you all busy. Plus, your elementary school sounds awesome. What a happy "middle" to your story (because the fun's just begun, right?)
So I see you took just about as long as I did to updated the blog. Life just seemed too busy to blog. And for me I was close to home now so family new what we were doing, why post? But apparently i have friends that still love me too and want to keep updated which is great. Glad to see you guys are doing good!
Sherrie
It is so fun to see that you are blogging again! How fun to catch up on your awesome family, it sounds like you are all doing great! We can't wait for pics!
love the Becks
Post a Comment