This year, Taylor and Rachel both played Baseball again. This year they were on different teams, but still both had red t-shirts. Seriously, next year I'm going to request any color BUT red. Red shirts for 3 years running and I'm getting a bit tired of it!
This year, Rachey played so well, and armed with her purple bat and pink batting helmet, she could really hit that ball. I loved hearing those silly boys say "come on in guys" when she'd come up to bat and then watch my little girl wham it out there. In your face boys. Ha!


Taylor tried out some new positions this year, one of them catcher. He seemed to really like that postition, and made some great plays on home base. He also played on the pitcher's mound. He's in coach pitch, so he didn't pitch the ball, but did all of the other catching and throwing that goes along with playing pitcher and again, made some great plays.


This year, Andy was the assistant coach for Taylor's team...but do you think I could get him to wear his official shirt? For a few games he did...but he said it was too hot. Oh brother. I thought he looked pretty good in it, and I liked it because it was BLUE not RED!!!!
It is so fun to the kids learn and grow each year...the most important part is that they love it and have a great time. Way to go Taylor and Rachel on another great season!
Just a sidenote: I've often thought that one day I'll be the smallest member of my family...I'm just betting that all of our children will be taller than me. Well, Taylor's shoes in these pictures are actually MY reebok's...his feet are now the same size as mine. I am constantly having to defend my Keen's against his constant onslaught of "CAN I PLEASE?"
1 comment:
How fun! It's good to hear that Rachel can keep up with the boys. I can't wait until my kids can be more active in sports. We take Austin to something called Itty Bitty Ball at the rec center near us. It's for 3 & 4 year olds and they teach them how to play all different sports. Austin loves it. Not only does he get to play sports with other kids but he's really good. I think he is going to be a natural athlete. Anyway, I hope all is well and I look forward to more posts. :)
Post a Comment