Sunday, February 22, 2015

Reading Ralphie

Matthew reads every night before bed.  He loves to read zoobooks, and pretty much anything nonfiction.  He is such a fun little seven year old.  He asks me every night to remember to come down and tuck him in.  Well, a few nights ago, I went down to tuck him in and found him like this.  He had on Taylor's sunglasses frames, his reading light on, had taken his pillowcases off of his pillows, and had put a huge foam pad onto his bed on top of his already soft mattress pad.  And he was reading out of one of his zoobooks.  I took one look at him and just started giggling.  Would you like to know why?  When I saw him, I immediately thought of a movie we had watched this Christmas season.  Can you guess which movie?  I saw Matthew and immediately saw the little boy from this movie...
See the resemblance?  I saw Matthew and thought of Ralphie from A Christmas Story!  Ha! Ha! 
 
 
What a funny kid!  I told him what I was giggling about and ran to grab the camera.  He just shook his head and grinned.


I love this little boy so much!  He turns 8 in just a few weeks, and he still makes me laugh every single day.  He is in the 2nd grade, loves reading, science and recess...math and writing?  Not so much.  He is so big and tall for his age that it's easy to forget how young he is...but he's still my cute 7 year old boy who loves to snuggle, and is timid about new situations and still loves me to tuck him in at night before he goes to sleep. 
Good night Matthew!  A.K.A.  Ralphie!

No comments: