Sunday, February 22, 2015

Little Miss Messy

Our little Addyson Adelle is one busy little bee.  She reminds me a lot of Taylor when he was her age, except that I was 12 years younger and remember having a lot more energy than I do now.  She is hard to keep up with!  Her most recent "adventure" was in the kitchen.  I have 3 large glass canisters on the cabinet.  One for white flour, one for wheat flour, and one for sugar.  I guess seeing those canisters up there was just too much temptation for her little inquisitive mind...because when I left her under Brooklynn's "watchful" care while I ran down to the school to pick up Rachey after cheer...I came home to...a white kitchen and a huge mess.

Addyson had emptied out both flours and most of the sugar all over the cabinet and the floor...and herself.  She had white hair.  It was actually pretty funny...except that I had only a few minutes before I had to leave again for a meeting.  Luckily, I had some good helpers around.  Matthew had already swept up the floor, and was working on getting the cabinets cleaned up.
I asked Addy what she was doing with all the flour and sugar and she said in her little 2 year old voice, "I's baking Mommy!"
 
Oh boy...each one of my girls have done something very similar to this.  Rachel too got into the flour and sugar, Brooklynn got out my big glass mixing bowl while we lived out in Cleveland and filled it with jello mix, water, sugar, chocolate chips, and pudding mix.  I found her busily stirring up her concoction.  Lainah also enjoyed getting into the jello boxes and mixing them with water...and now Addy is "baking."  I wonder what Miss Emma will do when it's her turn to be two?

No comments: