Sunday, February 22, 2009
1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? Yes
2.WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? 1986 Honda Civic
3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? Yes
4. WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? I wasn't wild and crazy, but I was always out with friends
5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? Probably
6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? Band until Sophomore year, and I made it into the audition choir, but then didn't have space in my schedule to do it.
7. WERE YOU A NERD? No
8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? No
9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? No
10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? Yes. How embarrassing.
11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? Coach Whit & "Major" Mr. Mitchell
12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? Most of the time I used my lunch period to do student council business, but when I did eat, I sat with my friends at the center round table in the commons.
13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME?Rigby High School
14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Trojans, Maroon and Gold
15. WHO WAS HOMECOMING ROYALTY? I was Homecoming Queen, Ty Shippin King, court was Jill Collette and Kelly Burnside...and I can't remember the rest.
16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? I had a blast in High School, and it would be fun to relive a few of those days just for the carefree nature of them...but no, I wouldn't ever go back to do it all over again.
17.WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? Just all of the excitement, and a little sadness...and then the all night party!
18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY? We went to Lagoon for our Senior trip...I remember being threatened by "Lefty" (asst. principal) to have Sr. trip day cancelled if more than a certain number of our class skipped school on "senior skip" so I don't remember sluffing. . . on that day anyway. (giggling) I skipped a lot of afternoons, but my parents read this blog so that's enough info.
19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? Yes. Quite a few.
20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? What a question! ahh...Yes. About 30 pounds.
21. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? Matt Williams
22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION? I hope to make it to the next one, I've missed the first two already! (Yes, I'm old...1995 grad)
23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? yes. I worked summers at a department store called Lamonts.
24. WERE YOU AN HONOR STUDENT? yes
25. DID YOU TAKE SEMINARY? yes
26. WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR MOST FUN TIME? I can't choose just one. I loved being with my friends, whether that was rock climbing, snow mobiling, movies, dances, toilet papering, and I LOVED student council. I loved everything that we did, and being so involved in my school.
27. WERE YOU CONSIDERED SHY OR OUTGOING? Both at times.
28. ANY LAST MEMORIES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE? One of my funniest memories was from the "Kiss the Pig" assembly we did. We had 3 donation cans out in the main hallway for a week and the can with the most money had to kiss the pig. Our principal was one can, Mr. Schell (Chemistry)...and I can't remember the 3rd can...Lefty? Anyway, Mr. Schell and Dr. Wilcox (principal) tied. I was doing the announcing at this assembly, and we brought in this huge pig, the student body was roaring...anyway, I called out Dr. Wilcox and he was a good sport and kissed this gross pig on the snout, but Mr. Schell wouldn't come out. Well, I called for him over the microphone several times, thinking that maybe he didn't hear me or something, and then I made an excuse for him to help him save face. After the assembly, me and a couple of other student council members were cleaning up and putting sound equipment away, and we were headed toward the main hallway, it was lunch time, the halls were crowded...and then my memory goes into slow motion. The crowds part and this angry little man (who limps because he had polio as a kid) comes run-limping as fast as he can towards me, throws his arm out, points at me and yells "YOU!!!" Randall Raymond, Andrew South, and I have sound equipment in our arms, but it was tempting to drop it and run for my life. Anyway, Mr. Schell cussed me out in front of laughing students for "humiliating him" in front of the entire school. I was in shock and actually just stared at him open-mouthed. It was awesome. I'm actually laughing about it right now. That was an awesome day. I got so many high fives from everyone. The funny thing is, is that Mr. Schell was one of my favorite teachers, and I was actually one of his favorite students...so I must have just caught him on a bad day.
Here's another good one. To any of you reading this who remember David Browning. :) He was a legend. My Junior year I was on the newspaper staff and we were working after school in the Mac lab...anyway, David, and Jordan, and a few of us changed the "beep" settings on the macs...you know, when you make a mistake and it goes "beep"? Well, we used the external microphone and programmed in a few colorful words and weird noises. Then we got back to work on the newspaper. When we left that evening, we forgot to change the settings back to normal. Well, our newspaper advisor, Mr. Beck, used the Mac lab to teach Journalistic English (a soph. level class) and that afternoon they had a big surprise when they went to use the computers. Mr. Beck was teaching them some new layout techniques, so they were all making A LOT of mistakes. We got in big trouble for that one...but just thinking about it has me laughing all over again!
I tag Kyla, Tacie, Ammie, Katie F., and Mohna!!!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Some things we've noticed about Lainey already...
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Lainah Lorraine Thuernagle!
So, last Sunday evening at around 11:30 I was casually dropping things into the hospital bag in preparation for my appointment to be induced the next morning at 6:00 am. Andy comes up to the bedroom and starts reading a book. He asks me if I'd like to have a blessing tonight or in the morning before we leave. I tell him that I'd rather have it tonight so that we aren't rushed in the morning.
About 11:40ish...Andy gives me a blessing. I finish packing hospital bag and get into bed. Andy is still reading. I have a very painful contraction and have to breath through it...yes ladies, one of those. To the men...nevermind. Hmm...I've been having these all day but this one was just around 12 minutes from the last one. "Oh well..." I think. I try to go to sleep. Eight minutes later, I have another one, just as painful. I tell Andy. Andy tells me to just try to go to sleep...he tells me I need my rest. (I'm laughing right now.) Four minutes later, I'm having another one. I get up and look at my watch. This is ridiculous. In just about 6 hours, I have an appointment to be induced, I have babysitters already arranged for the morning...what am I doing going into labor right now?
And here is her cute little foot escaping from the blanket.Andy brought the kids in Monday night to visit and have our traditional ice cream party at the hospital. Matthew found some chips that Daddy had stashed in the suitcase, plopped down in the chair and started chomping. Brooklynn was so excited to hold her new baby sister. Rachel's turn...they all kept saying how cute she was. And Taylor doesn't seem to mind holding the baby...even if she is a girl instead of a boy. :) Dad, you'll like that he is wearing his compass around his neck. See the string? I thought it was so funny that he wore his compass to the hospital. Here are the kids looking at her tiny fingers.
I think that part of the nurses' training is how to swaddle babies. I can never get them swaddled like this!Monday morning the sun came out...so we took advantage of the rare winter sun.Tuesday morning we were able to come home...so here she is...a little upset that Mommy took her warm blankets off in order to put her in her going home clothes.
And the going home clothes were way too big...as always. :)
She is just so beautiful. She has dark, nearly black hair...same color as Mommy's (we'll see if it stays that way) and cute little dimples.
And here she is bundled up in her carseat. Funny to think that in just a few short months she'll be too big for this carseat that she's presently drowning in.
Grandma Ruth sent Lainey and Mommy and Daddy some flowers...they are beautiful!
And I'm thinking that Lainah will be the most spoiled of all...her two sisters would hold her all day if they could. There is a rule that the kids have to scrub their hands before holding her...we're going to run out of hand soap soon. I don't think I've ever seen my kids wash their hands so often!
Here's Rachey "watching" Lainah for me. I think she'd been home from school maybe 5 minutes? I just think it's so sweet how much they all love her. I hear stories of kids being jealous, and all the nurses were giving me free advice about buying presents for the older kids. Hmm...my kiddos just love her. Matthew I have to be careful with, because he tends to love a little to hard right now...but the older three are just so good with her!
I just don't think there's anything more beautiful or more sweet than a sleeping babe.
And I just have to say a big "Thank You" to all of our awesome friends out here in Cleveland who came over in the middle of the night, who watched kids during the day, who picked them up from school, dropped them off to school, made meals, took the kids on an outing, etc, etc. I love you all, and just couldn't have done this without you.
And a big "Thank You" to our family members and friends who live far away and sent cards and gifts in the mail, called, and said prayers in our behalf. We love you all and are thankful for each one of you!